From time to time we have vacancies in both our Head Office in the UK and within our global store network.
Members of the very elite Irregular Choice team are expected to represent the brand and its ethos. Irregular Choice is known as fun, bright, and quirky. We offer a little piece of fantasy that customers can take away with them and this is what we want them to experience when they come to our stores. The vibe we create by using graphics, music, promotions, social networking and of course our products all work together to create a unique and fun experience but it is you, our potential employees, that can really make it something to remember.
Irregular Choice are looking for a Warehouse Assistant Operative Pick and Pack
Irregular Choice footwear and accessories warehouse and E-commerce order processing unit in central Brighton are looking to expand the team
Duties will include:
- Picking of daily orders - correctly picking every item and matching up the invoices with the correct items ordered by the customer.
- Quality controling each item on the order whether it be shoes, trinkets or bags, making sure that it's up to our standard of good selling condition.
- Processing orders through the till making sure each item is scanning correctly and that the price of the item is correct so that the total of the order is right.
- Packing up daily orders that have been processed in the required packaging, checking the invoice once again to ensure that the customer receives the correct item.
- Keeping packing area and stock in good tidy order - making sure the packing area is absolutely tidy ready for the next day, clearing down the work tops and sweeping the floor to ensure that there is no rubbish on either.
- End of day collections - taking parcels down to the loading bay, making sure that the parcels are in the right stack for the correct courier.
- Assisting with daily sales reconciliation to accounts where required.
- Returns/Exchanges - Unpacking returns parcels and finding required documentation, checking the quality of the returned item and refunding the correct amount/checking stock to see if we have the requested style/size wanted for exchange (if item is not in stock contacting our stores to see if the item can be sourced).
- Supporting the warehouse manager in goods in/out for warehouse and web stock.
- Reporting low packing supplies to warehouse manager for re-ordering.
- Ad hoc warehouse & packing support.
- Warehouse experience preferable
- Quick worker
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to meet deadlines
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Unit Opening Hours- Monday to Friday 8.30-6.00, occasional weekend / bank holidays
- Contract - part time - 8 hours per week, with flexibility to increase
- Temporary - 3 months initially
- Start - as soon as possible
Send your CV and covering letter including your availability to [email protected]
Irregular Choice are looking for a French-speaking Customer Service Assistant
Irregularchoice.com is going from strength to strength, bringing iconic and unique fashion footwear to our fans all over the world, and we are looking to expand the ECommerce team in our central Brighton Head Office. The role will be focused on assisting our French and English speaking online customers and fans on a day-to-day basis. Your daily tasks could range from answering calls and emails, tracking deliveries, resolving complaints, liaising with our warehouse, couriers, store or head office staff, to translating copy and answering queries on Social Media.
- Fluent and accurate in both English and French languages, spoken and written
- Experience dealing with customers via email, social media and over the telephone
- An unshakable sense of duty and personal responsibility to provide the best service possible
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and prioritise issues minute to minute
- Impeccable interpersonal skills with a knack for diplomacy
- An ability to think practically and laterally to solve a problem
- A passion for Irregular Choice, and able to connect with our equally passionate fans
- Computer literate, with solid dependable skills in commonly used programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, Photoshop, browsers, CMS)
The following qualities will be looked upon favourably, so please do tell us if you have an interest, relevant skills or experience in the below…
- Further languages, notably Spanish, German and/or Italian
- Marketing experience (Facebook, Instagram, email)
- Online community management
- Knowledge of the fashion and/or footwear industry
- Experience working for a close-knit, creative, fast paced, growing business
- Experience working in an ECommerce environment
- Knowledge of the retail and social media landscape in France, Belgium and other French-speaking countries
This is a new role available for immediate start, and will initially be a full time fixed term contract for six months. There will be scope for the role to become permanent after this period, based on performance and growth.
Please submit your application to [email protected] with your CV, salary expectations, and a brief cover letter demonstrating how you will be the most perfect fit for this new role. We look forward to hearing from you!
If you feel you have what it takes to work for us, but don't see any suitable vacancies, email us at [email protected] with a covering letter and a copy of your most recent CV. We will review your CV and try and match your experience to any positions we may have available.
Due to the high volumes of CVs that we receive we will only contact you if we feel we can match you to a position. If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of sending us your CV, unfortunately we will not be taking your application forward.