Irregular Choice, the established footwear and accessories retailer has a fantastic opportunity for a hardworking and enthusiastic E-commerce Buying and Merchandising Assistant to join the Brighton head office team.
This role is multifaceted, with the main tasks being taking ownership of the following–
- Sales both historical and current.
- Web traffic and analytics information and being able to build a picture of our customer and what they want.
- Market research online and on social media, competitor analysis
* Developing and Repeating
- Working with the store buyer to identify gaps in the range and developing product to fill those gaps.
- Working with the Ecommerce Manager to identify fast selling lines
and keep stock levels optimal
* Buying and Merchandising
- Understanding the sale reports and budgets of a B&M department and using this information to work with the store Buyer to buy for future seasons.
- Reacting to sales with repeats.
- Making a plan of what product we need in to hit targets and creating
a critical path to ensure those dates are met.
- Working with Marketing and Social to plan promotions and newsletters
etc to push sales.
You need to have great communication skills, be numerical, highly
organised, have great attention to detail, reacting quickly
to trends and sales. You must have a creative flair and eye for what makes
a product attractive to the customer. You need to be capable of taking
initiative, working without supervision and willing to
take responsibility for your workload, and the quality of the work you
produce. We are a growing business so a can-do attitude and a
flexible approach to tasks are a must.
You will ideally have experience working in a Buying and Merchandising
office and/or e-commerce environment.
Skills you should already have
- Medium to high-level excel skills: You will be working on spreadsheets, and using formulas and functions (v-lookups etc.) on a daily basis.
- A good understanding of e-commerce, analytics, merchandising
- Good communication skills, including good email and telephone manner.
- Ideally able to CAD and/or Design.
Please send CV with a cover letter telling us why you feel you would be
right for this position, your current and expected salary as well as
your current notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org