Historically, rainbows are said to motivate us to continue and endure through dark times... Irregular Choice have always had a special relationship with rainbows and certainly believe in their magical powers to lift us and inspire. Shop our rainbow styles HERE!
We had fun baking some yummy rainbow biscuits and now all the power of the rainbow is inside our tummies too!
1. Ideally using a mixer, beat the butter until creamy.
2. Add powdered sugar and beat until combined.
* TOP TIP - cover the top of the mixer with a damp tea towel to avoid the whole kitchen being covered in thin layer of sugar!
3. Add the eggs, vanilla, and salt. Beat until well combined.
4. Gradually, add the flour until dough is moist and holds together, but doesn’t stick to your hands.
5. Place dough on a cutting board and form into a ball.
6. Divide this into 6 pieces.
7. Dye the dough with food colouring by placing a ¼ teaspoon of dye on the ball of dough and kneading it until it is one solid colour then dip in sprinkles. Gloves optional but heavily suggested although rainbow hands are pretty cool too!
8. Flatten out each colour into a length about 15-20 cm long. Roll up the first one length ways and then wrap each one around the next.
9. You will now have a sausage shape length. Wrap it in plastic wrap and put into the fridge for half an hour. Pre heat your oven to 180˚C.
10. Once cool, remove the plastic wrap and slice cookies of about 1cm thick.
11. Put them on a sheet of baking paper and bake in a pre-heated oven for about 20 minutes.
12. Cool on a rack.
13. Scoff them with lots of tea!